Local Student Applications
As a provider of Vocational Education and Training (VET), Sydney Film School does not require students to have any specific prior knowledge in film or an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) for entry into the Diploma of Screen and Media (CUA51015).
Students are usually granted entry to the course on the basis of their personal statement demonstrating:
- A commitment to enquiry and study.
- An interest for a career in or pursuing knowledge of the film industry.
- An enthusiasm for collaboration and team work.
- Evidence that the applicant will make good use of their time at Sydney Film School.
- An interview with the applicant may be requested prior to final selection.
We recommend that applicants speak with a member of Sydney Film School's staff to gain a fuller understanding of our courses before applying.
Completing and signing a Sydney Film School application form. Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Writing and submitting a personal statement indicating your special areas of interest in film/video, any related experience you may have, and why you wish to do the course (limited to one page).
- Submitting a short CV/resume showing work experience or accredited training you may have completed (if available).
To start your application click here